Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Taking a stand against HBO's Big Love

I found this off of Katie and Chase's Blog and thought that I would spread the word for the whole two people that read this blog ;) jkjk! I think it is completely ridiculous that HBO is planning to air the episode where they will be showing various temple elements and activities. Being someone who is LDS, endowed, and sealed to my sweet husband I am appalled that they would even think of depicting something so sacred to the LDS faith. I was just on the phone with my sweet mom and she was telling me that Carol Mikkita on KSL News interviewed a Rabbi about this episode HBO has produced, he said that he thinks it is morally wrong and that people of the LDS faith and not should boycott this showing of sacred dealings. I am enraged I can't believe that they would do this the show first of is about a polygamist FLDS family why don't they show their temple ordinances and clothing. I guess they have recruited a former member of the LDS church to tell them of the ordinances performed and clothing that is worn in the Temple. I love the temple I love the convents that I made there and feel like it is my duty to spread the word and hopefully you will too. If we don't stand for something we'll fall for anything.

Visit this link to post a comment if enough are reached hopefully they will pull the plug on the scenes! Thank you so much please spread the word, tell everyone, write it on your blog, anything will help!

2 comments:

KO said...

Glad to see you're taking a stand on this issue as well. Unfortunately, HBO apologized yesterday "in advance to members of the LDS faith" but they will be airing the episode on Sunday. Makes me sick. However, I think the church will constantly come under attack more and more in the years to come.

Liz Welker said...

Yuck. This makes me nauseous. However, your layout is freaking adorable and so are you. Love love